Monday, May 23, 2011

Dandies In Photos: Robert E. Bryan

Several weeks ago my photographer friend Rose Callahan invited me to join her for a photo shoot of Robert E. Bryan at his apartment in NYC's East Village. Although I had never met Robert, I was familiar with him as he was the author of the book American Fashion Menswear and he was previously the men's fashion director for the The New York Times Magazine. I was soon reminded that I had photographed him at the Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island two summers ago. Robert is a collector in the truest sense of the word (from art to records to clothing) and Rose and I left the shoot a bit giddy having had a small glimpse into his life. Here are a few favorite photos.






(click images to enlarge)
Tweet This

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...