Friday, November 4, 2011

Dandy Endorsed: Movember

Last year around this time we blogged about Movember, a month-long moustache growing event raising "vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men". We recently learned that our friend and customer, Skinner, is participating so we asked him to be our Movember "corespondent". Each week through the end of the month Skinner will check in with us to update us on his progress. 

Skinner writes: 
  
“CHANGE TAKES TIME”

Happy Movember! Now that Movember is officially here, I’ve been giddy all week long. I even woke up this morning and quite ridiculously looked in the mirror to check how my MO’ was going. It’s only been 3 days!!! I’m not going to have grown a moustache overnight. I realized, like a lot of people out there, at times I am guilty of looking for instant gratification. There’s no quick fix out there for many of the health issues we face. Real change takes time, just like a growing a moustache. This month make a pledge to change something small (bike to work once a week, give up coffee 2 days a week or eat a salad for lunch). It may take a while, but over time you’ll see a difference.
 
I finally got a chance to go to my local barbershop this week. It may not be old school like St. Pierre’s Barbershop in Williamstown, MA, but that didn’t mean it wasn’t first class! Master Barber Steve at The Art of Shaving in Century City was great, evidenced by the line of clients waiting after my appointment. 20 minutes of nice pampering can change your whole outlook on the day.  
 

 
Tweet This

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...