Thursday, July 10, 2008

Finding Dandy: 5th Avenue & 50th (Denied)

This afternoon I saw a gorgeous couple strolling down 5th. He was wearing a navy blue suit paired with a striped bright blue banker's shirt. A pink tie and a patterned square. The best part though, would have to be the saddle shoes. I asked for a photo and the woman waved me off and said something to him as they hurried away. I think they were non-English speaking and probably a little afraid of what I might be proposing.

Less than a block away, I saw an older gentleman wearing round specs and a yellow bowtie that really pulled his look together. Again, I asked for a photo and complimented him on his outfit. He looked a bit confused, eventually smiled and patted me on the back, and then walked away.

Does The Sartorialist experience this much rejection?

C.H.
Tweet This

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...