Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dandies Online: Unabashedly Prep

On Sunday I was shot by Fred Castleberry for his blog Unabashedly Prep. The photo generated some "spirited" comments both positive and negative. I was most amused by one commenter who suggested that it was ridiculous that I was wearing a newsboy cap and that one should "never, ever wear a newsboy cap unless you’re an extra in a WWII troop homecoming parade movie" and "there’s little cool - or dandy - about looking like a newsboy selling papers on a street corner in the mid 1940s". I just keep imagining what he would have to say about one of my several friends who wear top hats on a regular basis!

Tweet This

6 comments:

@laura_luna said...

well, in my humble opinion, I think you look amazing. I think that people should read up on different styles before they go commenting. There's a total difference between dandy and prep or ivy (just sayin)

Jose said...

I also think you look amazing!
I admire personal style and you sir are an inspiration for a lot of us that try to stand out and not to fit in.

Rose said...

Well now you are controversial :) I suppose we just all have to remember to keep on doing what we want no matter what anyone says.

Ben B said...

Nice work man! congrats on the pic.

Thomas said...

Unabashedly Prep is along the lines of J Crew: trendy, not preppy.

The People's Business said...

Be not afraid! It's comments like those that keep people locked in the boring box of navy blazer, white shirt and blue tie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...