Friday, February 20, 2009

Dandies In Print: The New York Post


The Last Of The Great American Dandy in today's New York Post profiles NYC dandies Patrick McDonald, David Hart, and Cator Sparks. As I commented on the article online, it's a great post but I disagree with the title. The dandy is making a comeback in men's style, evident from the resurgence of the bow tie, the Mad Men skinny tie, tie bars, pockets squares. And mostly from young men. The three dandies profiled are an inspiration to me and other new school dandies, but they are far from a dying breed.



David Hart - neckwear designer




Cator Sparks - writer




Patrick McDonald - writer



C.H.
Tweet This

4 comments:

The Concrete Commentator said...

I couldn't agree more with this post. It's so true. I was out at Fashion week and photographed a lot of dandies, I snapped one of the crazy Patrick McDonald also. Thanks for this post!

FineAndDandyShop.com said...

Thanks Jesse. Given you dandy-leanings, I thought you would agree.

LJ said...

lovely inspirations, especially the last look.
xx-LJ from SOS!

we could grow up 2gether said...

something should be kept alive forever! we owe it to our world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...