Thursday, July 30, 2009

New School Dandy Profile: Taylor Moore




Over the past several months we have been introduced to many amazing people through our Facebook fan page. With this post we continue a regular series of profiles of New School Dandies. This week we feature Parsons design student, Taylor Moore of the photo blog East 19th.






Where did you grow up? A little town in Alabama… right on the coast.

Where do you live now? In a townhouse on East 19th.

Where did you go to school? Currently attending Parsons the New School for Dandies, oh wait, I mean Design. I’m studying Communication design.

When did you establish your personal style? Was there a pivotal moment? How has it changed? Well in Alabama there is only so much you can get away with, so last year when I moved here is when I completely re-invented myself. I was pretty naïve when it came to fashion in Alabama so now it is more classic and not at all “Oh hi, I’m from Alabama and I think Ed Hardy is super cool” gag…

How would you describe your style? For my new style I really looked back at classic lifestyle in my small town. Where I grew up is very waspy, you know, playing polo on the weekends and sailing and whatnot. So I wanted to keep my roots; I guess I’m modern 50s ad-man with a southern gentleman undertone. Someone once told me that if Ralph Lauren and Lady GaGa had a birth child, that child would be named Taylor Moore.

What are your sources of inspiration? My dog Callie Honey always serves as an immediate muse in my art and design process. Being the only child your dog is your best friend. She recently passed but we had a great 13 years together.

What are your preferred dandy reading materials? Milking the Moon: A Southerner's Story of Life on This Planet by Eugene Walter.

What is your favorite personal item (non-clothing/accessories)? You can usually find The Book of Common Prayer in my bag somewhere.

What is your favorite clothing article or accessory? Glasses for sure. Oh and this tuxedo jacket my friend Kelsey gave me (after I borrowed it for 4 months ha-ha).

What would you be doing ten years from now? I hope to be working at a creative agency as well as having expanded my clothing line, opened a club and/or hotel, painting still and surrounding myself with great people. But hey, I’m young and I just follow the ebb and flow.

What is your current obsession? Lucky Charms…I have about 8 boxes in my kitchen ready to be devoured. I mean come on… they’re magically delicious!

Currently inspired by? My co-workers at Chandelier Creative; they are absolutely amazing.

Currently annoyed with? The generic hipster girl who looks disheveled and un-amused… come on ladies, you can do better than that. And those skinny bitches that throw constant shade and look like they need to eat some Activia. Being mean is such a waste of energy.

What else do you want to tell us? Wow I could say so much to this…I love to cook, I only wear black underwear, I just painted a gigantic lime green Madonna in my bedroom, I drink my weight in diet coke every day, and I go through a can of hairspray a week. And life is peachy…



C.H.
Tweet This

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU TAYLOR MOORE!
you are the T to my money.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...